Many Western Cape municipalities rank as the best performing municipalities in South Africa. Knysna Municipality is without a doubt one of those municipalities – leading in terms of performance and efficiency.
The Municipality is known for its good governance and is recognised as an organisation which is innovative and business like in the way business is conducted.
Some accolades attained to date include but are not limited to:
Awards & Accolades available for download
10 Available for download
- Accolade for Sedgefield Process Controllers
- Accolade for excellent performance for Expanded Public Works Programme
- Buffalo Bay and Brenton-on-Sea beaches once again received Blue Flag status.
- Second Runner Up in the category Best Upgrading of Informal Settlements Programme, for its Witlokasie Project.
- National Govan Mbeki Human Settlements Awards for Dam-se-Bos, Vision 2002 project.
- Buffalo Bay and Brenton-on-Sea beaches both received Blue Flag Status for the 2017/2018 season.
- Joint winners (together with the City of Cape Town) of the Govan Mbeki Human Settlements Award - People's Housing Project category.Runner-up in the Upgrade of Informal Settlements category for its Dam-se-Bos, Vision 2002 and Ethembeni, UISP projects.
- Blue flags for Knysna’s Brenton-on-Sea and Buffalo Bay beaches
- Second runner up in the category Best Informal Settlement Upgrading Project for its Dam-se-Bos South, Vision 2002 project.
- Third consecutive clean audit outcome