The municipality provides a weekly scheduled refuse collection service to residents and businesses. Click here to see schedule the collection schedule.
We provide a waste disposal service which include the general waste disposal at the Queen Street transfer station and transported to the landfill site.
The service also provides the drop-off facility for garden waste and clean builders’ rubble disposal.
Berghaan Road, Sedgefield – drop off site only for building rubble and garden refuse;
Drop off for garden refuse only – Old Place Garden Refuse site, Bokmakierie street, Knysna.
There is no municipal drop off site for building rubble. There is a privately owned site – residents must make their own arrangements with owners.
We ensure general cleanliness in the streets and public spaces of Knysna including its beaches.
The department also provides the following services:
- enforcing the Solid Waste By-law;
- ad hoc removal of garden refuse (blue bags);
- collection of recycling in specified areas (clear bags);
- illegal dumping clearance;
- installing ‘no dumping’ signage on public open space
- litter bin provision and servicing;
- pre- and post-street cleaning for events.
Contact the Manager Waste Management
Mr Randall Bower
Telephone: +27 (0)44 302 6282
3 Available for download
Air Quality Management Plan
2 Available for download